This building – which is also known as the Palais Bourbon – was built between 1722 and 1728 at the behest of the Duchesse de Bourbon, daughter of Louis XIV. Extension work was conducted by the Prince de Condé between 1764 and the French Revolution. In 1795, the building was allocated for use by the lower house of the time, the so-called Conseil des Cinq-Cents. The chamber was inaugurated in 1798. The building subsequently housed the Corps législatif, the Chambre des députés and, finally, the National Assembly.
The library domes were painted by Delacroix.
126, rue de l'Université
Tel.: +33(0)1 40 63 60 00
Metro: Assemblée Nationale or Invalides (line 8)